MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Trip THM FAILED!!! :-)

So I took a quick trip to Louisiana to tour a couple of group homes to see what and how they are doing it. It was an amazing trip as far as education was concerned... Food??? NOT

So headed out I was good, sort of. LOL. I ordered a smoked turkey on sour dough bread with lettuce & mustard only. I have learned to like mustard. I try to use that instead of mayo for obvious fattening reasons but also because I read in several places mustard will help boost your metabolism and mine needs all the help it can get. Then after Sunday evening service, we stopped by Taco Bueno, we were in a strange town and there didn't seem to be healthy places. LOL. And I couldn't cook... so there.

So yesterday morning we were at the hotel and I needed food the only thing I could scrounge up that I liked was a tiny blueberry muffin. That's a NONO, but I was hungry and so there!!!

Then we stopped at a little hole in the wall place to eat authentic cajun food. It was really good but really BAD!!! LOL

So today I woke up, my blueberry tea had been steeping over night and I fixed my GGMS and then I failed!!! about 10am I was in a hurry to get out the door when it hit me I was hungry and in my rush to get up and make my GGMS I had forgotten to eat breakfast. I dug around and we had nothing quick and there were tortilla chips in the cabinet and they are so quick to throw a little cheese on them and 30 seconds in the microwave and I'm out the door.

Got home about 2:30 and I was hungry so I fixed me a couple of eggs with sauteed diced onion and sweet pepper mixed in. Plus 2 stripes of bacon cut in half with a little diced jalepeno on the side. It was actually VERY good. I'm still learning how good or bad that was but I think it was all on plan. I had sprinkled a tad of cheese on the eggs but after tasting them I didn't need it, I could have easily eaten them without it.

So I was at Winco and discovered they sell alot more THM type stuff than Walmart!!! So I grabbed some flax meal & almond flour and some almond milk, more peach tea... Everytime I go to get something I grab something else to add in.

I'm still  struggling with eating enough meals/snacks, etc but I think I'm slowly picking it up. Just gotta keep reading and working towards my goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment