MyFitnessPal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Good Girl Moon Shine - THM

So other than a taste of my cousins GGMS last weekend I'm new to this tasty treat!!! LOL. It's so healthy & and refreshing!!! So I wanted to blog about this, today is day 2 with GGMS in my life. I've already learned something!!! LOL

Yesterday I made this wonderful concoction by using 1 peach flavored herbal teabag in HOT water until it cooled. Put ice & a little water in my 1 quart cup and with a straw. This one I got at my local Walmart for under $10. It's BPA free, insulated and doesn't sweat and the best part is the handle!!! LOL. So back to it, I only used 1 tea bag with 2 cups of hot water and it was very weak. You could barely taste the peach. Then I used 3 1/2 Tbs of Organic Apple Cider w/ the mother, 2 shakes of powdered ginger and the ACV was a bit stronger than my liking and I couldn't taste the ginger at all. Then I put 2 Tbs of Stevia in and it was still a little blah so I put in a couple more shakes of Stevia (powdered/granulated type). It wasn't bad it just was great to me. Sooooo
 Last night I steeped 2 Wild Berry Zinger herbal tea bags in HOT water overnight (not just until the water cooled. This morning I filled my cup with ice, I put 2 Tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 shakes of powdered ginger, 2 Tbs of Stevia again and poured the very concentrated tea over it. That filled my cup up to the top. Then I mixed it, decided I still needed more sweetener and kept adding a little & stirring until it was just right!!! My Dad took a sip and said he could drink that all day long. So I did a little research to see what health benefits were in this concoction I'm sipping on. Here is what I found...

Apple Cider Vinegar w/ the Mother...
  • It appears to help diabetes & blood sugar control
  • It helps prevent starch from being processed (not 100%)
  • It helps boost your immune system and
  • It helps with constipation (I can't vouch on that one, LOL)
Ginger
  • It reduces pain and inflammation, making it valuable in managing arthritis, headaches and mentral cramps.
  • It has a warming effect and stimulates circulation
  • It inhibits rhiovirus, which can cause the common cold.
  • It inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea, and protozoa, such as Trichomonas.
  • In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
  • It may prevent stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
  • Combats nausea and vomiting.
Herbal Tea
  • Cuts down on your caffiene intake
  • Depending on what you purchase, it can help with sleep, energy, stress, and so much more.
All of that and then Stevia isn't real sugar but sweetens things very well!!! I had so many tell me it might take me a little bit to get used to using Stevia because it's different from sugar, well the only problem I've had was how much to use and I had the same problem with real sugar.

As a woman with PCOS I am insulin-resistant so I've very excited to see what this plan will do as far as help me with symptoms of PCOS!!! I plan on keeping this updated, hopefully I can keep finding the time. 

Keep an eye out... Tonight we are having our 1st S-meal. We are having Cabbage & Beef and our side is going to be Stuffed (or Loaded) Cauliflower. I'll let you know how that goes. This morning I made eggs with tomatoes, green chilis & cheese. The whole family loved it!!! Now I must go get busy labeling my book, it just arrived via FedEx and I no longer have to depend on my ebook. I can hold the pages in hands. LOL. There are plus sides to a actual book! js

1 comment: